Newport Diesel Heater 4.7kW
The Dickinson Marine Newport diesel heater (for boats) is a fantastic compact and reliable bulkhead mounted choice for boats ranging between 30-35ft.
It provides excellent dry heat to keep moisture on-board at bay and provides cosy radiant heating from 1.9kW up to 4.7kW. This is easily controlled in heat output via the adjustment of the float valve mounted on the front of the heater. Of course, you may want to mount the heater in a position that isn’t fore and aft and Dickinson have the provision to mount the float valve on the side of the heater to prevent fuel starvation on the heel. There is also a 12V fan installed in the base of the heater to aid the airflow during the startup cycle. This can also be used to combat the wind/down draught in stormy conditions.
Important factors of the Newport diesel heater
The flue is a very important factor being a natural draught stove and we offer all of the correct flue parts to ensure maximum efficiency and reliability.
- Requires 3” diameter chimney parts.
- Minimum 4ft or maximum 8ft of a chimney is required, a 6ft straight run with no elbows work best.
- Chimneys 6ft or longer we highly recommend a barometric damper.
- Permanent fresh air vent needed in the area of the unit.
- Decorative laser cut valve cover.
- Creates a dry heat to dry out the moisture inside the vessel.
- In sailboat installations, this unit must face fore or aft, if facing port or starboard is desired, the valve would need to be mounted to the side of the unit so the gravity-fed valve won’t starve the burner on heels up to 15 degrees.
- 12v draft-assist-fan included (can be converted to 24v and 32v). Used for start-up and draft assistance on a high fire.
- The valve is calibrated for diesel but can be re-calibrated for kerosene or stove oil.
- 1 turn hot water coil for 5-10 gal can be installed for water heating.
History of Dickinson Marine and Kuranda UK Ltd
Dickinson Marine who is based in Canada has been manufacturing stoves since 1932 and we ourselves (Kuranda UK Ltd) have been an importer/distributor for over 25 years.
Base kit prices currently start from £1369.20 inc vat. Our website www.kuranda.co.uk also has the installation documents and sizes together with many more products.
Kit contents – Newport Diesel Heater
This particular kit offer is supplied with the following:-
- Newport Diesel Heater
- 1 x 22″ flue pipe with in-built damper (first section of a flue)
- 1 x 22″ flue pipe
- 1 x Through deck fitting with a dress ring
- 1 x DP chimney cap
- 1 x Blanking cap for chimney
- 2 x Diesel regulator conversion fittings to —>8mm
We pride ourselves in offering installation advice to boat owners about to take on a heating project such as this so please call us on 01663 734800 to discuss in detail and ensure you get the best from the heater.