Alaska Diesel Heater
The Alaska Floor Mounted Heater by Dickinson Marine is ideal for boats 30ft-35ft. A small, compact, attractive, economical burning fireplace that produces a cozy, comfortable dry heat.
- Requires 3” diameter chimney parts.
- Minimum 4ft or maximum 8ft of chimney is required, a 6ft straight run with no elbows work best.
- Chimneys 6ft or longer we highly recommend a barometric damper.
- Permanent fresh air vent needed in the area of the unit.
- Creates a dry heat to dry out the moisture inside the vessel.
- Almost identical model to the Newport bulkhead model but the Alaska Diesel Heater is a floor mount heater.
- In sailboat installations, this unit must face fore or aft, if facing port or starboard is desired, the valve would need to be mounted to the side of the unit so the gravity-fed valve won’t starve the burner on heels up to 15 degrees.
- 12v draft assist fan included (can be converted to 24v and 32v). Used for start-up and draft assistance on high fire.
- The valve is calibrated for diesel but can be re-calibrated for kerosene or stove oil.
- 1 turn hot water coil for 5-10 gal can be installed for water heating.
Weight: 22 lbs
Fuel Consumption / 24hr:
1.29 gal LOW
3.20 gal HIGH
Low: 6500 BTU
High: 16250 BTU