Antarctic Floor Mounted Diesel Heater
The Antarctic Floor Mounted Diesel Heater is ideal for boats 35ft – 40ft.
The size of this heater produces greater heat output than the smaller heaters although fuel consumption is the same. This model is round in design and has a large viewing window.
- Requires 3” diameter chimney parts.
- Minimum 4ft or maximum 8ft of chimney is required, a straight run with no elbows work best.
- Chimneys 6ft or longer we highly recommend a barometric damper.
- Permanent fresh air vent needed in the area of the unit.
- Creates a dry heat to dry out the moisture inside the vessel.
- This model has a larger combustion chamber so more heat is produced than the Alaska and Newport heaters.
- In sailboat installations, this unit must face fore or aft, if facing port or starboard is desired, the valve would need to be mounted to the side of the unit so the gravity-fed valve won’t starve the burner on heels up to 15 degrees.
- 12v draft assist fan included (can be converted to 24v and 32v). Used for start-up and draft assistance on high fire.
- The valve is calibrated for diesel but can be re-calibrated for kerosene or stove oil.
- 1 turn hot water coil for 5-10 gal or a 2 turn hot water coil for 15-20 gal can be installed for water heating.Width: 13″
Weight: 27 lbs (12kg)Fuel Consumption / 24hr:
1.29 gal LOW
3.20 gal HIGHHeat Output:
Low: 6500 BTU (1.9kW)
High: 16250 BTU (4.7kW)