Newport Solid Fuel Heater
The Newport Solid Fuel Heater is a small stainless steel solid fuel heater designed for casual use ideal for boats 20-25ft. This heater burns one to two 1” thick wood or presto log, a handful of charcoal briquettes. Removable ash drawer and damper control.
- Requires 3” diameter chimney parts.
- Minimum 4ft or maximum 8ft of chimney is required, a 6ft straight run with no elbows work best.
- Chimneys 6ft or longer we highly recommend a barometric damper.
- Permanent fresh air vent needed in the area of the unit.
- Decorative laser cut door.
- Creates a dry heat to dry out the moisture inside the vessel.
- Removable ash drawer for easy cleaning & damper control.
Heat Output (approx):
Low: 3000 BTU (0.8kW)
High: 8000 BTU (2.3kW)
What size flue does it use?
3″ (KMD16-000) We well them in sections that are 22″ long and they simply ‘couple’ together. The overall length of your entire flue system should be between 4ft and 8ft.
Can i add in bends?
Yes, we do the 45deg bends (KMD16-040) – they are also stainless. Also remember that adding in bends lessens the efficiency of the unit.
What do i use to go through the deck?
We have a proper through deck fitting (KMD16-050) that comes with the dress ring.
What Cowl should i fit?
We have a choice of 3 caps – either the DP or H cap. These are all removeable and can be blanked off with a rain lid