Victron Battery Monitor BMV 700
The BMV-700 is a high precision battery monitor.
The essential function of a battery monitor is to calculate ampere-hours consumed and the state of charge of a battery.
Ampere hours consumed are calculated by integrating the current flowing in or out of the battery.
Standard features of the Victron BMV 700
- Battery voltage, current, power, ampere-hours consumed, and state of charge
- Remaining time at the current rate of discharge
- Programmable visual and audible alarm
- Programmable relay, to turn off non-critical loads or to run a generator when needed
- 500 Amp quick connect shunt and connection kit
- Shunt selection capability up to 10.000 Amps
- VE.Direct communication port
- Stores a wide range of historical events, which can be used to evaluate usage patterns and battery health
- Wide input voltage range: 6,5 – 95V
- High current measurement resolution: 10 mA (0,01A)
- Low current consumption: 2,9Ah per month (4mA) @12V and 2,2Ah per month (3mA) @ 24V
Easy to install of the BMV 700
All electrical connections are to the quick connect PCB on the current shunt.
The shunt connects to the monitor with a standard RJ12 telephone cable. Included: RJ 12 cable (10 m) and battery cable with fuse (2 m); no other components needed.
Also included is a separate front bezel for a square or round display appearance, a securing ring for the rear mounting, and screws for the front mounting